If you have any questions about anything, please email us at [email protected] or via our Get In Touch page.
Telephone: +44 (0)1708 805800
Email: [email protected] for Data Protection queries
Post: The King’s Family Centre, High Street Aveley, Aveley, South Ockendon Essex RM15 4AX
Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays – CLOSED
Tuesdays – Thursdays – 10:00am – 6:00pm
Fridays – 10:00am – 3:00pm
“Personal information” means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by it. This includes a person’s contact details, date of birth and their IP address.
In other words, personal information is anything which can be used to identify you (either by itself or when combined with other information).
“Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
In other words, processing refers to all stages of collecting, storing and using your personal information.
“TKFC” stands for The Kings Family Centre. We are a Bible believing Pentecostal church where the Gospel of Jesus is preached with power, clarity and simplicity to every age group in His Lordship over every area of life irrespective of circumstance.
We have our outreach ministry TKF CARE, through which we support the care of orphans and widows particularly in less privileged areas of the world. TKF CARE is a child-centred non- governmental relief and development organisation that is committed to ensuring the complete well-being of displaced children that they may attain a life that is whole and declared through years of posterity.
TKFC is a UK Registered Charity (charity number 1096098). TKFC operates in Essex, Thurrock, Nigeria and South Africa. TKFC’s UK’s address is :The King’s Family Centre, High Street Aveley, Aveley. South Ockendon. Essex. RM15 4AX
This policy refers to the personal information processed by TKFC UK, and TKF CARE, including all information processed by the official TKFC website.
Reasons we collect your personal information and what we do with it
We collect information purely for the purpose of helping our work towards our mission. Specifically, TFKC processes personal information in order to:
- Administer donations (including keeping records of our supporters’ relationships with us)
- Administer enquiries including prayers, and event attendance/updates
- Contact people if we need to
- Contact people with updates on our work and our impact
- Contact people about opportunities to support our work
- Help us make our website work better
- Show us how people are using our website, so that we can keep improving it
- Analise it alongside publicly available information to carry out due diligence on our donors and to help tailor our communications and products
However, please note that we only process personal information when you have either:
- Given us your direct permission for us to do so (in that way and for that reason)
- It is necessary in order to deliver contracted goods and services
- We have a legal obligation
- There is a legitimate interest
We will contact you in the manner that you have elected for us to do so such as by post, telephone, email or SMS. You can change how you hear from us at any time simply by updating your preferences via the link at the bottom of our emails or by emailing us at [email protected]. If you would prefer us not to analyse your information or combine it with publicly available information, no problem, please just let us know by emailing us at [email protected].
What personal information we process
We process any personal information you actively provide to us, including from donation and payment transactions, enquiries and surveys and forms. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
Personal information we process includes:
- Full addresses
- Email addresses
- Telephone/mobile numbers
- Contact preferences
- Photographs and video images
- Bank details
- Taxpayer status (to understand if we can claim Gift Aid)
- Dates/years of birth
- Gender (As necessary to identify you on our visitors/new members form, etc.)
- Information about how people support us
- Correspondence and details from interactions with our staff
- Information that is publicly available
- IP addresses and web browsers (and versions) used
- Information on how people use our website, using cookies and page tagging, to help us improve the website and our services
- Any other personal information provided to us
How we collect personal information
We collect information in the following ways:
- When you interact with us through making a donation, completing a form, attending our services or events, and becoming a member
- When you interact with third parties – such as when you make a donation through a third-party website e.g. PayPal, Just Giving, and give your permission for your information to be shared with us (we won’t have access to your information otherwise).
- On Social media – if you engage with us on social media and messaging services like Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, you might give us permission to process information from those accounts. The data we are given access to by social media services will vary but will always be in line with the Terms of that particular service. We will not be able to access your private messages, photos, etc. It will just be anything you specifically send to us and possibly information about you as a person, e.g. your age, where you live, etc. which might be pooled with other information to draw a general profile of our audience on that service.
Who we share your information with
We will always keep your details safe and will not sell or swap your information with any other organisation. We may share your information with trusted partners, agents or service providers to help us with our work or to help us better understand our supporters. These partners will only use your information under our instruction and will not use it for their own purposes.
We always have contracts in place with our suppliers, which require them to comply with UK’s law on data protection and to have systems and processes to protect the security of your information.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is lawful and necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of TFKC and our stakeholders and for other lawful purposes.
Examples of organisations we may share your data with include:
- Our website and social media partners: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Nebulas Website Designs (Website Provider), Creative Skillz Media
- To process donations and claim gift aid: BACS, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC),3rd Party Software(Donations Co-ordinator)
- To store data internally on In-house servers
- External (offsite) data backup with our service providers all based in the United Kingdom
How we keep your information safe
We have physical, technical and human controls in place to keep your information secure. We ensure that extra controls are in place for financial, sensitive and special categories of information, meeting regulatory and legal requirements for managing these types of information. The transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure and TKFC cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We advise against sending personal information using unsecure Wi-Fi (e.g. free public Wi-Fi).
Once we receive your data, we make every effort to ensure its security both on our systems and while in transit between our systems and any partners working on our behalf. Access to your personal information is restricted to those who require it to do our work and all staff with access to your personal data are trained in how to keep it safe. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, even if you access them using links from our websites and we recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit.
How long we keep your information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is lawful and necessary to do so. This is so that we can provide the services, products or information you have requested, administer your relationship with us, ensure we don’t communicate with you if you’ve asked us not to and comply with the law.
We will review and assess our approach to data protection every two years. You can initiate your right to erasure at any time, whereby we would erase the personal information we hold about you.
Under data protection law, you have the following rights regarding our processing your personal information. For more information on your full rights, please visit see the Information Commissioner’s Office website, currently at this address: www.ico.org.uk.
- Your right to information/to be informed – it is our responsibility to ensure you are clearly informed of when, how and why we are collecting your information and what we will do with it. We do this through this Policy and privacy notices which explain these points any time we collect your data.
- Your right to object – you can object to us contacting you. We provide the opportunity for you to say how we can contact you and what for on our website and you can change these preferences at any time by contacting us via email accordingly.
- Your right to restrict processing – you can ask us not to process your personal information; though this still permits us to store it for other regulatory purposes.
- Your right to rectification – you can ask for any inaccurate personal information we hold about you to be corrected
- Your right to erasure(your right to be forgotten) – you can ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you
- Your right to data portability – making it easy for you to obtain a copy of any personal information you have provided to organisations in a machine-readable format so you can easily transfer it to other organisations providing similar services. Any copies of personal information we provide upon request will be provided in plain text format.
- Your right not be evaluated on the basis of automated processing – you can ask that we do not include your personal information in any automated profiling exercises that might make assumptions about you in order to get insight into our supporter audience (in order to tailor communications and reach more people that might be interested in supporting us).
- Your right of access – you have a right to see what information we hold about you and can request to see it.
You can also lodge a complaint about the way we manage your data with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). More information is available on the ICO website, currently at this address: www.ico.org.uk.
For more information or to exercise your rights, please email us at [email protected].
If you would like to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send a description of the information you would like as well as proof of your identity to:
The King’s Family Centre,
High Street Aveley, Aveley
Essex RM15 4AX
Once your identity is confirmed, we will send you a copy of your personal information, in line with what we are legally required to disclose, within one month. We accept no liability for the security of your personal information, as contained in your request, until it has been received by us.
How to change the way we contact you
It is easy for you to change or withdraw your communication preferences with us at any time.
You can update your preferences through the link at the bottom of our emails or by emailing [email protected] at any time to request changes to how we contact you and what for, or to tell us not to contact you at all. We will always respect your wishes, though please note there may be some information we have to keep or reasons we must contact you that are required by law.
In the event that you change or withdraw consent for your information to be shared publicly, we will not share anything else publicly but will be unable to retract anything already shared outside of TKFC’s own website.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
- More about our Cookies
- Website Function Cookies
- Our own cookies
Allowing you to add comments to our site. There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if, on an anonymous basis, how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
We use: Google Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
If you are under 18, please get your parent or guardian’s permission before you send us any information about yourself, this includes photos and messages.
Also, if you do use our sites to find out about fundraising, campaigning or supporting the work of TKFC or TKFCare, please let an adult know.